The Tale of Madiera Juggernaut

Friday, May 4, 2007



I've shrunk the 10-page series to an eight-page one and have posted the limmerick accompanying the illustrations. I worked on two layers in this project. The forground consisted of the drawn and rendered characters which were pasted on paper springs to impart a 3D effect. The backgrounds were created using some basic black paper cutouts, rotering ink, drawing inks, poster black, glass markers, charcoal yada yada, but I chose to do the lighting and enhancements on photoshop.The reason for attempting this kind of project is to break away from the "long format" stories that have become kind of a weakness for me these days. My stories roll out in acres and I can never get to finish them! So I just put my foot down and decided to play and short and sweet.

3 comments:

Manasi Parikh said...

hey, as i said before, really loved the treatement for this one! one of your best. though hey, all of them have a different hue(foundy..colour!!hehe) to them..i dont know if it's intentional, but they'd look more professional if they had the same hue of monochrome :P and u know,on a closer look, this also really really reflects your panache for fashion illustrations!

Manasi Parikh said...

hey..this suddenly also reminded me of the story aamir wrote in the kite runner...

Jude said...

I liked your blog, thanks for sharing this

 
◄ Design by Pocket