Country comforts

Thursday, May 3, 2007

I dont really know what was on my mind while I was making this illustration. All I know is that I was on a train and feeling nostalgic about my hometown. How my eyes longed to greet the tropical lushness of the farms, the meandering forest paths and the blanket of paddy fields! lol! I simply wanted to illustrate a glimspe of my utopia so I made this serene village scene. I did the outlines with a black glass marker and used a warming filter mask over it.

3 comments:

Rutesh said...

wow!

brilliant sketches..drawings..i mean..they cud be called something else for all i know...but they're really very very amazing..

Manasi Parikh said...

this is just plain sweet! i've been spending a lot of time with my little cousins here and this reminds me of that!

Unknown said...

this one is very cute......when i first looked at it some sweet music started playing in my head..also i could smell soil by just looking at the sketch...

 
◄ Design by Pocket