The Elderweiss pixie's

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Fairies minus the wings. And a little bit of inspiration from the mosquitoes that bugged me to death last night. The Elderwiess fairies walk on fours and are very much like ants. They transport and collect the Elderweiss flower which serves their everyday diet. I made this illustration with the aim of exploring different colour palettes using photo inks. I integrated the forms with my own handwriting, thinking it might do some justice...but I'm regretting it!! Anyways, who knew pixie's could be beasts of burden someday? Maybe they really are...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

this one is my favorite, hands down!!
the combination is so endearing and the character is actually really sexy!!
i am guilty enough to say i want to be inspired to make a print for fabric from this illustration!!
great going nimi!!

 
◄ Design by Pocket